Granola is an excellent addition to your morning yogurt, a tasty cereal when enjoyed with milk, or a hearty snack after a grueling workout. Unfortunately, though, many commercial granola mixes are loaded with sugar, high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, and more. If you’d like to mix up your own delicious granola from the comfort of home, know that it’s way easier than you might think! Read on for a simple and delicious Healthy Homemade Granola recipe.
• 4 cups old-fashioned oats
• 1 cup slivered almonds (or your preferred kind of nuts/seeds)
• 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
• 1/3 cup maple syrup
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (or 1/2 cup shredded coconut)
• 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit or semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together oats, almonds, chia seeds, cinnamon, and sea salt until evenly combined.
3. In a separate measuring cup, stir together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until combined. Pour the coconut oil mixture into the oats mixture and stir until evenly combined.
4. Spread the granola out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Then remove from the oven, add the coconut, and give the mixture a good stir. Bake for 5 more minutes, until the granola is lightly toasted and golden.
5. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire baking rack. Let cool until the granola reaches room temperature. Then stir in the dried fruit, chocolate chips or any other optional add-ins you might prefer.
• Serve immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
Master the art of cooking by joining Waterford Park Apartments in Converse, Texas in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.