Believe it or not, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Held annually on February 14th, Valentine’s Day honors the Feast of Saint Valentine and is meant to celebrate love and affection. Not just intended for romantic relationships, Valentine’s Day has transformed from a holiday centered on fertility and marriage, to a more generalized celebration of all forms of love, kindness, and warmth.
Whether or not you have plans to celebrate Valentine’s Day with someone special, you can spread love and good cheer with your apartment community by creating this fun Tissue Flower Wreath! Cast in shades of pink and red, this wreath will add flair to your front door. Try this easy tutorial today!
• Heart-shaped foam wreath form
• Straight pins
• Several colors of pink or red tissue paper
• Scalloped-edge paper punch
1. Start by cutting out your tissue paper using the punch. Each flower has eight layers of paper. Try using four different colors, two of each in each flower.
2. Arrange a stack of eight tissue paper circles. Place a straight pin in the center of the flower stack and pin directly into the wreath.
3. With the flower base attached, fluff each individual layer of tissue paper until you’ve made your flower.
4. Continue making tissue flowers all the way around the wreath form. Space the flowers as tightly as you want. No need to add flowers to the back of the wreath – keeping it bare will allow the wreath to lay flat against the door or wall.
5. Secure a ribbon for hanging on the back of the wreath with a few more straight pins. Now, you’re ready to display your Valentine’s Day wreath!
Whether you prefer to create new home décor or get your hands dirty outside of your apartment, Waterford Park Apartments in Converse, Texas has you covered with the coolest DIYs around!